Technical Asset Manager3 February 2020
Our motto: do great things with nice people
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven team player for the expansion of our team for the management of our rapidly growing international real estate portfolio.
Although Orange Investment Managers (OIM) is still a relatively young market player (founded in 2015 by Michiel Gerritsen and Jouke Schneider), it has since built up an impressive track record. With a team of a total of 7 colleagues, they work from an inspiring office location on the Amsterdam South Axis and a second office in Germany (Düsseldorf). OIM focuses on the acquisition, management and sale of parking garage real estate for its clients’ parking garage funds, which consists mainly of German institutional investors. In addition, they are largely responsible for the return targets of these funds.
Sinds the beginning of 2020, Assets under Management amount to more than € 320 million, with the objective of growing to € 500 million shortly. The properties are spread over several countries in Europe, with different tax, legal and commercial rules and customs.
The core of the role as Asset manager focuses on creating added value by taking care of owners’ maintenance, stakeholder analysis/management, tenant management and budgeting. It is essential that you develop a feeling for the business of the tenants, know what they need, so that you can respond well to changes in the needs of the tenants. In addition, you are in close contact with the property and SPV managers for reporting to fund management and act as a sparring partner for business control and for the (technical due diligence of) acquisition of new assets.
- Owners maintenance/renovations/conversions (managing property managers for daily (landlord) maintenance, planning, preparing, supervising renovations/conversions, drawing up LTMB, service costs settlement);
- Tenant management (keeping up to date on the state of affairs in the assets, monitoring rental obligations, win-win situations development/create for tenants and landlords);
- Stakeholder analysis/management (keep track of municipal changes that have an impact on the assets, develop contact with the municipality, follow up on developments that have an (immediate) impact on the assets);
- Budgeting & reporting (Assessing and reporting on the Technical Due Dilligences at purchase and sale, drawing up, updating and monitoring the asset budget and providing input for the business control reporting cycle).
The Technical Asset Manager regularly acts externally (internationally), makes agreements with regard to leases, maintenance and renovations and therefore has a considerable responsibility in terms of reputation, legal consequences and finances.
- Minimum level of higher professional education (HBO) / academic level of work and thinking (preparatory training in construction technology is an advantage);
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of real estate and experience in the world of real estate is a must;
- Experience and affinity with technical issues (including renovations);
- Willingness to travel within Europe;
- Knowledge of institutional/professional investors and investment products;
- Experience in drawing up reports (internal and external);
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English languages (German is an advantage);
- Good/excellent mastery of Excel/PowerPoint/Word;
- Knowledge of Argus is an advantage.
Very interesting, challenging and broad position within a young, strongly growing (international) organisation within a dynamic playing field. OIM offers ample opportunities for further (personal) development and career development on the basis of a solid contribution to the further professionalisation and growth of the company.
The recruitment and selection procedure is exclusively supervised by PropertyPeople. For more information and background regarding this position, please contact Theo Hoogendoorn via 06-27074825 or email@example.com. If you are interested, we would like to receive a recent CV and a detailed motivation via firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be treated with the utmost discretion. In view of the rapid growth of the organisation, we prefer to receive the reactions in the short term, with the aim of being able to fill the position in March.
Click here for the Dutch version.